HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! To celebrate this day of love why not make your loved one these delicious healthy pancakes for dessert. They are completely gluten, dairy and refined sugar free, fuelled with good fats and protein which will keep you feeling full and satisfied. They are sure to be a hit with your loved one and your waist line!
1 cup of Almond meal
2 medium eggs
Pinch of Himalayan salt
A dash of apple cider vinegar (ACV)
1/3 cup of coconut oil
Sprinkle of Cacao nibs
1 tbsp. of Desiccated coconut
Sprinkle of Cinnamon
Coconut yoghurt (optional but delicious)
How to make….
- In a bowl mix the almond meal, coconut oil, salt, eggs and ACV together
- Heat a pan with a small amount of coconut oil
- Pour mixture into pan - making 4 small round pancakes
- Cook until slightly golden on each side, flipping after a couple of minutes
- Remove from the pan and divide in to two servings – then it’s time to decorate
- Cut your fruit and lay over the pancakes, sprinkle with cinnamon, cacao nibs, coconut and a dollop of coconut yoghurt
Growing up in a seaside town, there were many fish and chip shops around, which wasn’t always a good thing, especially with them being deep fried and full of the bad kind of fats that we avoid! So I wanted to create my own healthier version of fish and chips which everyone could enjoy and get the benefits of the ingredients. This recipe is full of protein, good fats, omega 3 and vitamin A, all helping you to become the healthier version of yourself without having to compromise on your food choices.
Hope you enjoy, feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding recipe ideas and advice.
HEALTHY FISH AND CHIPS
2 Salmon fillets – cut each fillet into 2 (lengthways) giving you 4 smaller pieces
50g Almond meal
3 tbsp of arrow root
1 sweet potato
1 tsp of coconut oil
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
1 small handful of dill
How to make…..
- Cut sweet potato in to wedges or chips, coat with the coconut oil and sprinkle with the Himalayan salt
- Place them in the oven for 1 hour or until cooked – 175 degrees fan assisted
- Then lay out 3 bowls or plates, put the almond meal and chopped dill on one, whisk the egg and place on another one, and then put the arrow root on the last one
- Dip each salmon in this order – arrow root, egg and then almond meal and dill
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper
- Bake them for 20 minutes or until they are cooked through with a slight browning to the coating (keep oven at same temperature as the sweet potato fries)
- Plate up and serve with 1/4 avocado